Sunday, July 5, 2009

Snotless

Today was a little difficult for me, and it was all Mama's fault. I slept really well, right next to her in her comfy warm bed. I woke up, fully expecting a day like yesterday, filled with fun and frolics, and what do you know? She only put me in my carrier and dragged me off to see her Mama and Papa, who are very nice humans, I'm sure, but their hounds are not nice at all. Now, I'm as tolerant as the next cat and far from anti-canine, but these Yorkshire Terriers are fierce. They scared the snot out of me. Literally. Which at the time was dreadful, but in the end turned out to be a good thing. You see, I've had a case of the sneezles (Mama says that's because of the hotness outside and the coolness inside), but now it's gone and I was able to play much harder than yesterday because of it:


The Man-child is having a bit of trouble getting used to me. Mama says that's because he's a special child. When I confronted her and told her that I thought I was a special cat, she said that's a whole nuther type of special. Well, I think she should just make up her mind about that. Anyway, the Man-child isn't too happy about having to share the stage with such a cutie patootie as myself, but Mama assures me all will be well. I believe her. She's been right about things so far!

Although... she's not been right, and will never be right about drinky container issues around here. She thinks it is okay for me to drink out of a bowl that looks like a freaking pond. Every time I put my nose in there I'm scared some frog will jump out and bite me, especially after I heard Mama say there are a lot of frogs about in the house!!! I didn't know about that. She says they're a special kind of frogs. She has special kinds of everything! I understand they interfere with her thread-playing time. Do you know anything about these special frogs?

Before you start worrying about my water intake, Mama and I have come to an understanding. I've agreed to drink water from one of her fancy coffee cups, if she gets me a pet fountain as soon as she can.
Behold the pond:

This is the situation now:
Oh, before I go to bed, I wanted to thank you for the very warm welcome you all gave me! I really like to blog, you know, so it's nice to know there are fellow cats and even humans who are following my adventures! I'm off to bed soon. Let's just hope I won't dream of those evil hounds!

9 comments:

karenv said...

Welcome to blogland, Pantoef! I see you're as fussy about your drinking utensils as our Maisie, who insists on using one of our drinking glasses instead of her bowl. Or the watering can, or the kitchen tap, or...well, you get the idea ;)

Looking forward to hearing more from you :)

Unknown said...

Dear fellow, I am terribly sorry being so late in welcoming you to the blog-o-sphere, as you, I'm sure, are a most loveable, soft and cuddly addition to our feline community that deserves a hearty howdy. You certainly look very handsome indeed and I would very much like to get better acquainted. Let me introduce myself: I am a gorgeous calico kitty with immaculately white, dark grey and golden brown patches. Purrrfect in every way one might say... well, apart from a pesky heart condition we won't dwell on. Let me say this: I can still chase dragon flies around the garden and I have been know to climb halfway up small trees when the mood strikes! I would love to meet you in real life one day, but for now I will trust my human to tell me all about you when she goes to visit you and your human this Friday.
Hugs and purrs!

Unknown said...

Also, please will you show more of the massive chest hair you mention in your profile?

Glenna said...

Oh, you certainly are a lovely cat, Pantoef! And you are quite the talented blogger. And pssst--those of use in the U.S. who are unused to pronouncing Pantoef (Pan-tuff? Pan-toof?) might just have to call you Pants!

Daisy said...

I was wondering how to pronounce your name exactly right, too!

I think your little blue bowls are real cute.

Marjorie said...

Pantoef, after Julius and Cody read your blog, they started bugging me to set up their blogs...and I used to have to compete only with the kids for computer time!

Katrina said...

LOL! Love your new Polish pottery mug ;-).

Debra@CommonGround said...

Pantoef, LOVE your new blog, come by my blog for a visit with my two kitties. They'd love to meet you. They keep asking to blog, but as yet they have not been given permission, but as soon as they see YOUR new blog...well, I may have to let them have the chair.
Debra

mainely stitching said...

Spin is willing to come over and do some one-time consulting with Pantoef to show him how very easy it is for cats to get the one-up on dogs. Spin assures Pantoef that dogs may be loud but they d-u-m-b. And as such, are very fun to tease - once one knows how.