Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Pantless

No, no, no, no, no, no! When in doubt, don't call me Pants! Pants is a very ugly word that Mama (frequently) uses when something goes wrong with her threads! My name is Pantoef and I will now explain how I came to have such a name.

Pantoef is derived from the French word for slipper, Pantoufle (look at my cute paws to see how Mama came up with that one). Now I was born and (so far) raised in The Netherlands, where the humans speak Dutch. I am, however, very good at English because, you know, I'm a Devon Rex cat and Devon is a county in Great Britain and therefore when you read my blog, please do so with a British accent. Er... where was I? Oh right. Dutch. And French and English. Dutch 'oe' sounds like French 'ou' and English 'oo', and therefore, my name is pronounced Pan-TOOF. Not Pantoeuf, not Pantuff, not Pants-off or Pants-on or Pants period. I will make a note of it in my profile, so as not to confuse any other visitors. Pants indeed...

Mama took me to the vet's today. Now that the drinky problem has been solved, I seem to have picked up a stinky problem, PLUS I keep sneezing and coughing a lot and Mama has to clean my eyes a couple of times a day (which I really don't mind at all) and my nose is yucky too. The vet was pretty nice, except I didn't like it when he shoved a thermometer up my bum. He says my stinky, sniffy problems are caused by stress. I can well believe that, because moving from one home to another is quite an undertaking. Not to mention the meeting with the hounds [shiver]! AND the dreadfully hot weather we've been 'enjoying'.

I'm sleepy from my adventures, so I'm going to have a snooze now. Tomorrow I will be back with pictures of my favourite toys and hopefully a close-up shot of my chest hair, as per Kisse's request.

10 comments:

Daisy said...

Pantoef, I am sorry you are feeling a little bit under the weather. Feel better soon!

karenv said...

Why Pantoef, what big eyes and ears you have! I'm glad you cleared up the pronunciation of your name - I can certainly comply with the request to read your blog in a British accent ;)

I hope you enjoy your nap - my little furball Maisie has just come along to say hello (she has big ears like you, but is a British shorthair with more than a touch of Siamese, not a Devon Rex!)

mainely stitching said...

Oh, Pantoef, your backside shot is just SO 'cat' that Spin is very proud of you and thinks you may not need his one-on-one help in handling those dumb dogs after all.

Spin also commiserates on the up-the-bum episode. He recently had a nasty cold that required a shot (luckily in the neck, not up the bum) and was humilated beyond meows by the whole unpleasant experience.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Oh my stinky and sniffy...you'll have to get a hold of those symptoms before Kisse gets a load of your chest hair :)

Sharon said...

Hope those sniffles go away soon! Your bed sure does look comfy Pantoef!

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

I hope you feel better soon!
You are too cute to sick! Get Well!

Beatrice said...

You are such a charming little fellow.
I will be following your adventures with bated breath.
I hope your health improves and your Mama still lets you sleep in her bed!
Love from the mother of 2 big black puppies, Beatrice.

The Island Cats said...

Hi Pantoef! It's nice to meet you! You do have an interesting name! Our mom has the worst British accent so we told her to stop reading your blog that way...hope that's okay!

We hope you are feeling better soon. We can't wait to see your chest hairs!

Wally, Ernie & Zoey

Samantha & Mom said...

Hi Pantoef!! We hope you feel better soon and are so glad you get to sleep with your Mom!! We will be back to check out your massive chest fur!!
Your FL furiends,

Anne Marieke said...

Oohhh, Pantoef, you're gorgeous!

And guess what? Kruimel has the same comfy bed as you and Elvis has the same in different colours.

Quite comfy, isn't it?

Hope you feel better soon!