Saturday, July 4, 2009

A New Home

I arrived in my new home yesterday. Jumped right out of my bench, straight on the laptop computer. I thought that was a real stroke of luck. Sniffed around a bit, plans forming in my small but already devious brain. I checked when no-one was looking, and what do you know! The laptop holds a portal to Blogland! And that's how I got here.

My name is Pantoef (the other humans called me Buddy, but I don't care what they call me. T.S Eliot had the right idea and if you don't know which idea that is, check my sidebar, you illiterate bunch of... humans. If the new ones want to call me Pantoef because of my big feet, then I let them) and I am a Devon Rex cat. My curly coat is velvety soft and I have been endowed with an abundance of fluffy curly white chest hair. The rest of my coat is grey and black and beige and very soft as well. My ears are big (which I happen to think is rather flattering), my tail is long, my sweetness is out of this world.

My new home is peopled with a woman and a man-child, and the home is placed in the middle of a verrrrrrry large garden, which Mama calls a forest (Mama is the woman's name, according to the man-child). I've been told that I'm not allowed outside, unless I have my kitty harness attached to a very long line, but I find that a bit insulting.

Anyway. They're not bad people. They're really quite friendly. Mama talks to me all the time and picks me up and makes me purr really loud. She smells really nice too. She says that smell is called 'coffee'. I tried some, but I think it smells better than it tastes. Oh, and Mama also likes to play with threads, just like I do! Only her threads are too thin to hold any interest for me, but I like that she knows where I'm coming from when I'm chasing my cords and threads. The man-child is very sweet. He let me sleep on his lap yesterday and only got up after he'd asked mama to pick me up, because he didn't want to wake me. I wasn't asleep, but still. That was very thoughtful of him.

My first night away from my old home was not bad at all. Just to make sure mama knows where we stand, I slipped into her bed last night before she did and I got to sleep right next to her all through the night! Me likey...
This morning, when mama was preparing the man-child's breakfast, I was told to get my furry behind off of the kitchen counter, which I didn't get at all. I'll find my way around that one. Also, she needs to find me another container for my drinky. No way am I going to drink water from a commonplace ceramic bowl. I'm staunchly refusing to drink water until she finds me a decent cat fountain. Tsk. Humans...

I'm off to play with my mittens some more and then I will sneak into Mama's bedroom before she changes her mind and puts me in my cat bed!

8 comments:

anneke said...

Well, Pantoef, welcome in Blogland!!! You're such a smart fellow; you already found out the most important things, such as what's the best place to sleep...

Melissa said...

Oh Pantoef, welcome! I'm so glad you decided to start your own blog. Way to go, start right at the beginning firmly voicing your own opinions and asserting your position in the world. We'll be watching how life unfolds with Mama and the Man-child.

BTW, word of advice - if you can't smell that nice smell around your Mama (aka coffee) best tiptoe around her until you do smell it.

Other than that, I'm sure life will be loads of fun from now on!

Anonymous said...

Tell Mama to get you strudy wine glasses and fill them with water. A few of them around the house is a very good idea. Pretti Kitti Katt and her cousins, Percy, Archie and Pooka. I'll let my person sign her name to this so Mama will know who it is writing to you OK? Maria S.

Daisy said...

Hi Pantoef! I am so happy to meet another blogging Devon Rex. Congratulations on getting a wonderful Forever home. It takes some time to learn all the rules. I am Not Allowed outside unless I am on my harness and leash, too. Or in my stroller.

ps: Be sure to check out the Cat Blogosphere to meet loads of cool cats with blogs, and to find out the daily news in the cat blogging world. You can put a link to your daily posts there and lots of other cats can find you, too.
(www.blog.catblogosphere.com)

Jennifer said...

Ah Pantoef my dear, your story brought tears to my eyes. Not tears of sadness my new friend, but tears of joy. You are so delightful and full of young kitty energy and wonder. You are very lucky to have such a good home with Mama and The Man-Child. Your photos are beautiful; you are so regal and serene. What a lovely coat you have. I have never had a cat of your type before so I bet you feel amazing. You will find much happiness in your new home and I am sure you will give back equal amounts in return.

mainely stitching said...

Spin's nose will be seriously out of joint if he catches sight of other felines getting their own blog! He does, however, get his own picture (with Gil-Bird) plastered all over cyberspace. :D

Welcome aboard, dear sweet one!

Ally said...

Dear Pantoef, I am happy to see you are also a fan of my favourite poet, TS Eliot! Welcome to Blogland, and best of luck with your new humans.

Sharon said...

Oh Annemarie, he is positively adorable!